Our commitment to Privacy
Centre UP (“we” or “us) offers medical and emergency services for patients aged 0-17 (the “Services”) throughout our network of clinics in Quebec and whose coordinates are available on our website centreup.ca (the “Website”).
Our commitment to Privacy
As defined by the Loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels dans le secteur privé (Act to protect information in the private sector) or by any other equivalent legislation in other jurisdictions than Quebec, “Personal Information” means any information that relates to a physical person and allow that person to be identified.
This Policy describes, amongst other things, what Personal Information we may collect, the purposes for which we collect it, the use we make of it, and the circumstances under which we may share it with third parties. It applies to Personal Information regardless of the nature of the medium and regardless of the form in which it is accessible: written, graphic, audio, visual, computerized or other.
Centre UP undertakes not to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information other than in compliance with this Policy and applicable laws.
How will you know if there are changes to this Policy?
We may change the Policy, at any time and at our sole discretion, by posting the amended terms on the Website. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the Website.
If you do not agree with the updated terms of the Policy, you should stop using our Services or Website. Failing to do so indicates your acceptance of the updated terms of the Policy.
It is your responsibility to regularly review this Policy.
What Personal Information we may collect, as well as when and how?
As part of our activities, we may collect, inter alia, the following Personal Information relating to you or others:
1. contact information (g., name, residence address, e-mail, telephone number, date of birth; health insurance number);
2. information relating to your medical record;
3. information about appointments and the Services we have provided;
4. information relating to transactions and payment;
5. information you choose to provide or share with us (g., when you fill out a form, complete surveys or contact one of our employees or representatives, as well as your preferences and interests); and
6. information collected automatically when you use the Website through cookies, as further explain in Section 5 (g., IP address, precise or approximate location, the pages you visit, keywords entered into our search engine, the time and date of your visits, the type of browser you use, the operating system of your device and other hardware and software information).
When and how do we collect Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information directly from you and through third parties or publicly available records, in the performance of our Services or when you use our Website.
“Cookies” are small text files or strings that a website can send to your device in order to identify your web browser and the activities of your computer on the Website and other websites. Cookies can be used to personalize your experience on the Website, to assist you in using the Website (such as saving time by not having to reenter your name each time you use the Website), or to allow us to statistically monitor how you are using the Website to help us improve our offerings. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access and/or fully experience the interactive features of the Website.
The use of these tools does not allow us or our analytics service providers to identify individuals. You may opt-out of such activity by setting your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent and block analytics cookies if desired.
For what purposes do we collect Personal Information?
For what purposes do we collect Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. to provide you the medical or emergency service you require and enable the professionals serving you to document the care received in the electronic medical record as required by their professional orders;
2. to answer your questions and provide you with assistance when necessary (in connection to our Services, Website or otherwise);
3. to perform, develop or improve the Services (including to perform research and analysis relating the same);
4. for marketing and business development purposes;
5. to collect notices, comments, questions, requests and complaints regarding our Services and Website;
6. to detect and prevent fraud, error, spam, abuse, security incidents and other harmful activities;
7. to reorganize or change the structure of our business;
8. to operate, administer, maintain, monitor, develop, improve and provide all the features of the Website;
9. as permitted or required by any applicable legal or regulatory obligations or provisions; and
10. any other purpose to which you have consented.
To whom we may communicate your Personal Information?
We may disclose your Personal Information to our contractors, consultants, agents, service providers and other trusted third parties (collectively “Service Providers”) who require such information to assist us in operating our Website or serving you, provided that they have previously agreed in writing to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and with applicable laws. Such Service Providers are involved regarding inter-alia, our Website, servers, booking solutions, electronic medical records and billing and payment systems. For more information regarding our Service Providers, we invite you to contact our Privacy Officer.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in special circumstances where it is permitted, necessary or appropriate, including:
1. to protect our business;
2. to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule of law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or other legal process;
3. to allow us to enforce available recourses or limit de damages we may suffer;
4. to protect the safety and/or security of our users, the Website, our services, or the general public (including you);
5. and in the event of a commercial transaction, namely the sale, transfer or assignment, in whole or in part, of Centre UP or our assets.
Centre UP will never, by any means, sell or exchange your Personal Information for payment.
Your consent under this Policy and Personal Information of children under the age of 14
We will not collect, use or disclose Personal Information without your consent unless it is authorized or required to do so by applicable laws.
If you provide Personal Information concerning another individual (including adverse parties and other individuals involved in legal proceedings) to Centre UP, you represent that, prior to submitting such information, you have obtained the necessary consent or authority to permit us to collect, use and disclose such Personal Information for the purposes set out in this Policy, or the collection, use and disclosure is permitted by applicable laws.
You may vary or withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information, or opt-out of certain uses and disclosures, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. To vary or withdraw your consent, please contact our Privacy Officer. The withdrawal of your consent may prevent us from providing or continuing to provide you with our Services.
Personal Information of children under the age of 14
Given the nature of our Services, we may collect or use Personal Information from children under the age of 14. We will obtain the consent of the parent or legal guardian of such child in accordance with applicable laws. If you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact our Privacy officer.
Is your Personal Information secure? How long do we retain your Personal Information?
Is your Personal Information secure?
Centre UP implements a series of reasonable physical, administrative, technological and organizational security measures to adequately protect the confidentiality and the security of your Personal Information against loss, theft or any unauthorized access, disclose, reproduction, communication, use, modification or destruction. Centre UP reviews its security measures and procedures diligently and modifies them as needed.
How long do we retain your Personal Information?
Personal Information we collect is retained for varying lengths of time according to the type of information in question and the purposes for which it is collected and used. We delete or anonymize Personal Information when there is no longer a need to use it for the purposes for which it was collected, or subsequent purposes related to and compatible with the original purposes of collection. We may retain archival copies of Personal data for legal or security requirements, or as part of our customary practices for the backup storage of information in the ordinary course of business.
Additionally, Centre UP remains responsible for keeping, in accordance with all applicable laws, all elements required in the electronic medial record of its patients, notwithstanding this Policy.
If you wish to learn more about how long we keep your Personal Information, we invite you to contact our Privacy Officer.
What rights do you have over your Personal Information?
You have, inter alia, the following rights regarding your Personal Information:
1. to request an exported or physical copy of the documents containing your Personal Information, subject to the exceptions provided by applicable laws;
2. to have the Personal Information we have about you rectified, amended and updated if it is incomplete, ambiguous, out of date or inaccurate;
3. to request the deletion of your Personal Information if the collecting of such information is not permitted by law; and
4. to withdraw or change your consent to our processing of your Personal Information, subject to applicable legal and contractual restrictions. In some instances, withdrawing your consent may result in Centre UP no longer being able to provide you with our Services.
ATTN: PRIVACY OFFICER
1100 Rue du Lux #420